April 24 – Structural & Creative Elements to Joint-Safer Sequencing with Sadie Nardini and Alyson Wish
Become a more effective instructor with joint rescue anatomy tools that every yoga teacher— of any style, must know!
One of the biggest pitfalls we see even seasoned yoga teachers making is that they don’t fully understand real-world joint movement, and they are at risk for hurting their students, and themselves. This one Immersion with master yoga teacher trainers Sadie Nardini and Alyson Wish will give you a new perspective on how to teach and sequence your yoga classes–online and off–for happier, safer students, which means more attendance, and abundance for you!
What’s your “secret sauce” to teaching safe and effective yoga and fitness classes? We will share ours with you! During this immersion, you will receive valuable tools to structure joint-safer, creative classes and fast-track your usual practice and teaching toward clarity, and effectiveness.
We will show you an innovative look at biomechanics and physics as it applies to yoga poses, and your body. Our signature Core Strength Vinyasa Yoga (CSV Yoga®) Core Poses and Sequences are built on new generation anatomy, and will deeply strengthen and counterbalance your teaching and personal practice.
When: Saturday April 24, 2021
Session 1: 11:00am-12:30pm PST / 2:00 to 3:30pm EST
Session 2: 1:30pm-3:30pm PST / 4:30pm-6:30pm EST
Where: Online from the comfort of your home.
Who: Yoga & All Fitness / Movement Teachers + Dedicated Students. Yoga Teachers receive Contact Continuing Education Points with Yoga Alliance U.S.
25 in stock
Specifically, in this Immersion, you will:
- Discover how to cue each class in ways that leave no one behind; offer students a simple guidance framework with enough freedom so that every person feels more safe and more empowered.
- Learn how the human body is actually born to move, and make space for your students to understand how they uniquely move. Use this knowledge to craft classes that securely, and successfully, transition students between and within poses.
- Refine your personal teaching style and develop your unique creativity in order to structure sequences with distinct, dynamic, anatomical purpose.
- Ask Sadie and Alyson all your burning questions, too!
What is it?
Instruct from your inner-body power center, the myofascial muscle meridians, with new-generation anatomy sessions. Teachers often cue from singular muscles and bones, which can overly pressurize joints and tissues, instead of from a stronger place of whole-body sharing. Guide students into and out of poses with joint-safer cues, structure sequences that maintain joint safety, and offer intelligent, creative flows.
Sadie’s Session — Top Joint Rescues: Newly discovered myofascial meridian anatomy helps you avoid common pitfalls when guiding students into yoga poses that may lead to injury or wear and tear on joints. Learn the top mistakes teachers often make when cueing poses, and misalignments they inadvertently teach when instruction happens from the more superficial meridians. Sadie will then show you how to cue the joints properly with simple alignment and language shifts that make asanas more possible, and safer, for every body. Build inner-strength and resilience to get your yoga students to flock to you for more, and your own practice vibrant for years to come.
Alyson’s Session — Joint-Safer Sequencing with Purpose: Alyson will introduce you to her signature style with a workshop-esque Yoga Flow. Focus on movements that assist students to transition within and between poses to facilitate joint health, fascia hydration, and muscle responsiveness, for more power and ease. Her techniques will inspire you to craft your own purposeful, anatomically joint-safer classes.
Next, the nuts and bolts of building sequences with an anatomical purpose. Learn how to access your creativity from that purpose and differentiate between intelligent flows versus “disco yoga”. Acquire new, effective tips to teaching transitions, “longer holds” that do not overload joints, and flexibility gain without overstretching. Add these skills to your toolkit, students will love them!
- A 4-hour workshop that explores structural and creative elements to building anatomically joint-safer sequences. Let your creativity shine through and become more clear about the purpose behind your classes.
Meet your teachers:
Sadie Nardini is the founder of Core Strength Vinyasa Yoga®, Yoga Shred®, and the Anatomy of Movement. Sadie is one of the world’s top selling yoga and fitness course creators and presents at pro yoga/fitness conferences around the world offering her transformative yoga and professional development expertise.
Alyson Wish offers 200hr/300hr YTTs, and is a Continuing Ed Provider through her registered Core Strength Vinyasa Yoga® School Canada with Yoga Alliance U.S. She shares her experience as a movement and somatic educator, contemporary dancer, yoga and fitness guide, to bridge the gap between body-mind-soul. Alyson helps people heal, find their voice, and rise to meet their potential – on and off the mat.
Saturday 11:00am-12:30pm PST / 2:00 to 3:30pm EST
Joint Rescues & Anatomy Revolution with Sadie Nardini
- Welcome & Orientation
- Anatomy Overview of the Superficial and Deep Myofascial Meridians
- Sadie’s Top Joint Rescues: Practice & Theory(Includes Old & New Cues & Experiential Practice On The Mat)
- Q&A with Sadie
Saturday 1:30pm-3:30pm PST / 4:30pm-7pm EST
Anatomy of Joint-Safer Sequencing & Purposeful Poses with Alyson Wish
- Welcome & Orientation
- Joint-Safer Creative Flow: A Workshop-Style yoga practice. Experience Alyson’s signature joint-safer sequencing techniques in a fun, flowing live class.
- Anatomy-Based Sequencing: Structural & Creative Elements: Practice & Theory (You will be moving on your mat too!)
- Q&A with Alyson
“5à7”– Happy Hour in Montréal
- 6:30pm-7pm: Let’s share a virtual vino and discuss anatomy, yoga, and life with Special Guest, Sadie.
What you’ll need for both sessions
- A free zoom account
- A device with a camera for zoom
- Yoga mat and block
- Journal and pen
All sessions are recorded which gives you lifetime access to these teachings that you can incorporate into your group classes – forever.
See you there!
Sadie & Alyson